Ingredients: (to fill 4 jars of 1 lt. each)
- 2 kg sour cherries,
- 3 cups granulated sugar,
- 3 lt. water.
- Fill the jars with the sour cherries,
- Place the water and sugar in a large pot and heat until the sugar melts completely,
- Bring it to a boil and let it boil for 10 mins,
- Turn the heat to low and while the mixture is simmering,
- Scoop the mixture into the jars,
- Seal the jars tight,
- Place the jars into a pressure canner or pressure cooker and cover with hot water,
- Cover the lid and cook for 3-5 mins after the steam comes out,
- Remove the jars from water and dry with a towel,
- Turn the jars upside down and set aside overnight,
- Keep in a cool place away from sun.