Black Mulberry Crumble Bar Recipe
I've shared peach crumble bars before. That recipe was loved. After the peach season has passed, many questions have been asked about which fruits it can be made with. I think sour fruits such as sour cherry, black mulberry, blackberry and raspberry look best. You can find these fruits frozen in all seasons in the frozen food aisles of the markets.
This time, I preferred black mulberry in the recipe. I used black mulberries that I threw in the freezer during the summer. As you can see, it is possible to make summer fruit desserts in winter thanks to the fruits you freeze in season.
The dough we use in this recipe is a challenging dough for those who have not tried it before. It is not possible to be completely sure of its consistency. That's why I made a video of the recipe. I'll share it this week. If the dough scares you, you can wait for the video before you try it.
For crumble dough;
- 200 gr. butter, cut into cubes and frozen,
- 4 cups flour,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 egg,
- 3 tsps of vanilla sugar,
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
For peach filling;
- 500 g fresh or frozen black mulberries,
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- Put blackmulberries into a pan add sugar on top,
- Cook in high heat until it reaches a dense consistency, like jam and remove from heat,
- For the dough mix all the ingredients into a bowl,
- Then rub into the mixture using your fingertips to make a light breadcrumb texture,
- Do not overwork it or the crumble will become heavy,
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the the mixture evenly over a baking sheet,
- Spread black mulberry sauce on top and the remaining crumble dough on top of black mulberries,
- Bake in a 190 degrees C preheated oven until the top is golden brown.