Gluten Free Apple Pie Recipe
As you can see from the fact that I have made and shared many varieties so far, I love these types of crumble pies. The primary reason for this is that I really like fruit pies. The next most important reason is that they are prepared in less time than other pies and even a cake. Therefore, when I want to make a dessert, one of the first recipes that comes to my mind is a crumble pie made with seasonal fruits.
By the way, I keep writing crumble but there can be those of you who are wondering what this crumble is, let me give you some brief information. Crumble is the name of desserts made by crumbling the dough such as apple crumble. This method of crumbling the dough is used in many recipes other than crumble. The peach crumb slices, strawberry oatmeal bars and apple crumb slices recipes I have shared before are the best examples of this category.
As you can see from these recipes, you can also make gluten free crumble pie recipe with other fruits. It would be better to increase the amount of sugar when you use sour fruits.
You can use any type of flour you want as gluten-free flour. Since it is not a dough that needs to come together and form a structure, it does not matter whether the flour is gluten-free. However, instead of flours with a very distinct smell in the dough, such as chickpea flour or quinoa flour, flours that do not have a dominant smell when cooked, such as buckwheat flour, teff flour, corn flour or oat flour, will give better results. It is always better to use this type of flour as a mixture.
As for the taste... If you serve it without saying that it is gluten-free, the person eating it will probably think that it is made with whole wheat flour. It doesn't taste exactly like it was made with white flour, but it doesn't have a very distinctive taste either. If it is evaluated without comparison, just on whether it is delicious or not, it definitely gets five stars out of five.
Enjoy the recipe...
For the dough;
- 1 cup of teff flour,
- 1 cup of rice flour,
- 50 g of cold butter,
- 1/2 cup of sugar,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
For the apple mixture;
- 4 large apples,
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts/pecans,
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Peel the apples and cut them into cubes,
- Take them in a large pan and pour sugar over them,
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the water evaporates and apples become soft,
- Remove from heat, add walnuts and cinnamon, stir and let cool.
- For the dough, mix teff flour, rice flour, sugar and baking powder in a deep bowl,
- Add butter and egg and mix by rubbing,
- Mix without kneading until you get a lumpy dough like crumble dough,
- Cover the bottom and edges of a 20*26 cm baking dish with baking paper,
- Spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the tray and press it gently,
- Spread the apple mixture on the dough,
- Sprinkle the remaining dough over the apples,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until golden brown in places,
- After it cools down, slice and serve.
Enjoy your meal...