Before starting the recipe you should know that it is not so easy to knead the dough and strawberries together. You should be kind and patient. Likewise it is not so easy to shape the cookies. Because the strawberries are wet and they don’t attach to the dough easily. You should not try to roll the dough. Instead you should just try to make a ball just like a snow ball. It would be easier.
You can try to use different fruits such as mulberries, framboises or blackberries. But as they are softer than strawberries, it would be more hard to knead and shape. Using frozen fruits would make it easier.
Blueberries are probably one of the most appropriate fruits for this recipe.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 1 egg,
- 125 g of butter at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup olive oil,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 1 cup cornflour,
- 3 cups flour,
- 1 tsp baking powder,
- A few drops vanilla extract,
- 5 large strawberries.
- Take butter, olive oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and baking powder in a deep bowl and whisk or mix with your hands,
- Gradually add the flour and cornflour to knead until you get a non-sticky dough,
- Cut the strawberries you have washed and dried with a paper towel,
- Add the strawberries to the dough and knead until well blended,
- Make walnnut sized balls and press with your hands, place in a oven tray covered with parchement paper,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven until the strawberries are dry,
- Turn off the heat and wait 10 mins. before removing the oven.