Black Mulberry Syrup
Before the black mulberry season passed, I wanted to share the black mulberry syrup recipe as soon as possible. I think it will be a good alternative especially for those who do not spend the month of Ramadan without cold drinks in the cupboard like me. I don't really look for black mulberry as a fruit. But I love your water. I have already stored my black mulberries in the freezer in order not to be deprived of this delicious taste in winter.
Black mulberry is very healthy because it is a fruit with antioxidant properties. It is a highly recommended fruit especially for mouth sores and thrush. That's why it's good to consume whenever you can.
Another interesting feature of black mulberry is that the solution of the spots it causes is on itself, on the leaves. When you rub your hands with black mulberry leaves after collecting or eating black mulberry, you will see that the stains are removed.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g black mulberry,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 3 liters of water.
- Take black mulberries in a deep bowl and pour sugar on top,
- Set aside in the fridge for 1 night,
- Next day transfer the sugar+mulberry mixture into a pan and add water,
- Cook for 20-25 mins. in low heat after it starts to boil,
- Remove from heat and set aside until it comes to room temperature,
- Drain the mulberries with a cheesecloth and throw away,
- Transfer syrup into a pitcher and put to fridge,
- Serve cold and with ice if you deserve.