Bici Bici Recipe
As someone who is not into the cold, I have no complaints, but this summer has been very hot and the duration of the heat has been a little longer. So whatever we do, we look around to cool off. My best practices are lots of cold soda, juice, and ice cream. Even though they don't offer a permanent solution, they at least give you a little relief while eating/drinking. In addition to these, I started trying something new this summer. I adapted the famous bici bici of Adana residents to home conditions.
Instead of preparing the sherbet by cooking, I used it raw. It was very spacious and beautiful. You can also cook it if you wish. I made it with raspberry, but any other red fruit you want will work as well.
You can sprinkle extra powdered sugar on it during the service, as in the original, but if the Adana residents are not taken, I would like to ask; why would you need it?
I had never had the chance to go to Adana and eat before. So I had my first experience with my own hands. I have to admit I was a little confused at first. Because it is not a very usual taste. But after the second third spoon, I was saying it was fine, I saw that I had wiped it out in 2 minutes.
It has become one of my favorite flavors. If I go to Adana, I would love to eat it on the spot. Because I believe that when you make a food, whether it is air or water, in a place other than your own, it is not as delicious as it is in your own place, no matter how well you do it.
Those who haven't tried it before, those who are longing for a long time away from their hometown, try this recipe while you're thinking about it :)
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2.5 cups water,
- 1/2 cup cornstarch,
- 4 cups of ice.
- 1 cup of water,
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar,
- 1 cup any red fruit,
- 1/4 cup of rose water.
- For pudding combine water and cornstarch in a sauce pan and blend together,
- Cook in low heat, constantly stirring until dense,
- Rinse a 15*20 cm dish with cold water,
- Pour pudding into the dish,
- Chill until set,
- For syrup combine water, sugar, red fruits and rose water in a deep jar,
- Pulse with a hand blender until smooth,
- Cut the pudding in tiny cubes and place in serving cups,
- Pulse the ice in a food processor until it becomes snow,
- Place the snow on top of the pudding cubes,
- Share the syrup over,
- Garnish with banana slices, red fruits, fresh mint, etc.
- Serve immediately.