I can’t find a light green zucchini, which I like most, in Madrid. It’s not impossible to find it, but when you want to eat zucchini, you can’t just go and buy from the nearest store. It is possible to find in some online stores. In rare cases, you may encounter in some groceries. There is a monthly producer market, you can find them there, but ironically, this market is closed during the summer. That’s why when I find them, I get really happy and.
I bought these zucchinies from the producers market last month. I used one for zucchini cake and I used the rest for this delicious zucchini koftes. I don’t know whether it is beacouse I miss it or not, but it was very, very tasty. Of course I served it with garlic yogurt, which made the dish even more tasteful.
As it is baked in the oven, it can mislead you as if it is appropriate for the ones in a diet. Be aware that it contains breadcumbs and lots of cheese.
According to the general palate, the dill goes very well with zucchini but if you do not like the dill, you may not use it. You don’t have to put anything in place but you can use parsley or fresh mint if you want to add some colour to the koftes.
Can I prepare in advance or freeze them?
You can prepare the koftes a few hours in advance and heat them up before serving, but if they wait more than 8 hours, they will lose their first taste. After cooking, you can freeze them up to 6 months.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 3 medium sized zucchini,
- 1 egg,
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs,
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella/cheddar cheese,
- 1 handful of chopped dill,
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze its juice as possible as you can with your hands,
- In a deep bowl, combine grated zucchini, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, dill, salt and pepper together,
- Take small pieces from the mixture, make balls and place into a baking sheet covered with parchment paper,
- Bake in a at 190 ° C preheated oven until golden in the edges.