Light Baked Zucchini Dish Recipe
There is a delicious zucchini dish this week in our diet recipes. I reduced the need for oil by preparing the meal in the oven. When we cook it in a pan with the same amount of oil, we need to cook it on low heat with the lid closed so that it can be cooked without burning. This also prolongs the cooking time. Moreover, it needs to be checked frequently to make sure it is cooked or not, so that it doesn't get under-cooked. But there is no room for such worries in this cooking method. We arrange the ingredients in a row and mix them once and then forget about them.
I publish it in the diet recipes category because it is very low in calories. But as a matter of fact, it is a very tasty and wonderful main dish itself. Of course, it is also a meal that does not keep you waiting. While it cooks by itself, you can prepare the other heroes of the table.
You can add some roasted ground beef to the onions if you like. If you put the minced meat raw, it releases a lot of water and spoils both the color and the flavor of the food.
- 4 zucchinis, diced,
- 2 red peppers, chopped,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 3 tomatoes,
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped,
- 1 tbsp tomato paste,
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil,
- 1/4 cup hot water,
- Salt and dried mint to taste.
- Place onion and garlic in a baking dish with a lid,
- Pour olive oil over,
- Place zucchinis and red peppers respectively,
- Cover the lid and bake in a 200 C degrees preheated oven for 30 mins.,
- Grate tomatoes,
- Add water, salt and mint and mix well,
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables, mix,
- Bake for 30 mins. more without the lid.