We have an amazingly delicious zucchini dish today. Since the zucchini is only cooked with its own juice, there is no dilution in its flavor. Especially if your zucchini is fresh and delicious, it tastes really amazing. We have this condition, because from time to time people ask me “I cooked zucchini and it turned out bitter, what’s wrong?”. You’re eating zucchini and it’s bitter, why can it be? The only answer that comes to my mind is; “because god created it that way”. Sometimes it happens. The zucchini can be bitter, the eggplant can be tasteless, the tomatoes can be dr. Vegetables and fruits can’t be produced artificially yet, so they don’t always have the same flavor and consistency.
Especially in this recipe, the tastes of the main ingredients are gaining more importance in the recipes as we don’t use any other strong flavors or strong cooking methods such as frying. You just find what you have put in the pan when it’s cooked.
Enjoy the recipe …
- 1 kg zucchini,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 clove garlic, chopped,
- 2 tablespoons rice,
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil,
- Half a lemon,
- Dried mint or fresh dill.
- Wash the zucchini and peel it with a vegetable peeler until it comes to the core,
- heat oil in deep pan, add chopped onion and sautee until tender,
- Add the zucchini peel and garlic and stir,
- Cover the lid and cook on a low heat until it is slightly cooked,
- Open the lid and add the rice and stir (add boiling water if necessary) and cook until soft,
- Add salt and lemon juice and mix and remove from heat.