Baked Sweet Potatoes With Chickpeas
Sweet potato has no place in Turkish cuisine. It is also hard to find and expensive in Turkey. For this reason, it could not found a place for itself among my recipes until today. But recently, people started to ask for sweet potato recipes and here is the first one. It will determine its own location in line with the reactions and requests that come after this.
My favorite form of sweet potato is the one roasted in the oven. It is roasted in a much shorter time than normal potato. Since it is cooked with its own water, it gives the maximum flavor it can give. After cooking it in the same way, you can prepare it like a Turkish kumpir or extract it and crush it with salt and butter to make mashed sweet potatoes.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 sweet potatoes,
- 2 cups of boiled chickpeas,
- 1 red pepper,
- 1 green pepper,
- 4 teaspoons butter,
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Chopped parsley,
- Salt, pepper,
- Mixture of 1 tbsp of yogurt, 1/4 clove of garlic and salt for topping.
- Wash the potatoes and place them into a tray with greaseproof paper and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees until tender,
- Heat the olive oil in a separate pan,
- Add the tiny chopped peppers and stir fry until soft,
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a few more minutes,
- Add salt, pepper and chopped parsley, mix and remove from heat,
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut them in half horizontally,
- Add butter, salt and pepper to each piece and mix it by crushing with a fork,
- Share the chickpea mixture over the potatoes,
- Pour yogurt sauce over and sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot, warm or cold.