Baked Celery Root Recipe
In Turkish cuisine celery root is a vegetable that is often associated with celery salad with yogurt and celery recipes with olive oil. Especially for those who do not like the smell of celery, celery salad with yogurt is more popular because its smell is relatively less felt.
Today, we are together with a recipe in which the smell of celery is felt very little, as in the recipe for celery salad with yogurt. The celery flavor will be palpable if the celery fried in the oven is served plain. But the garlic and onion powder and ground pepper used in the recipe pretty much suppresses the celery smell.
Celery root with olive oil, which is one of the most popular celery recipes I mentioned above, does not smell like celery, as the other vegetables used in addition to the celery and the lemon flavor in the sauce balance the celery smell. This is one of the main reasons why it is loved so much.
If you do not enjoy eating celery or another vegetable, but want to get used to it, you can mix that vegetable with other vegetables instead of eating 100% at first, or you can try to suppress its smell by using intense spices.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g of celery root,
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder,
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder,
- 1 teaspoon of sweet red chili powder.
- Peel and dice the celery root and take it in a bowl,
- Add olive oil and salt according to your taste and mix,
- Spread the celery on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake it in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until golden brown,
- Take it out of the oven and transfer it in a bowl,
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic and onion powder and chili powder,
- Sprinkle the mixture over the celery and mix well,
- Serve immediately.