Celery Soup Recipe
Celery is usually sold only as root. It's not easy to find the stalk. In the case of Americans, the situation is the opposite. Celery Stalk is used only. I really love both of them. I can't give up the salads I made from celery root, nor from this soup I made with stalk.
I cannot say that someone who does not like celery can love celery with this soup. Because the taste of celery is getting quite intense. Maybe even cooler than celery. But like my wife, celery will not care if it disappears from the world, but it is a nice soup for those who are reluctant to eat. It can make them love celery, at least make them more eager in this soup. I think you should give it a try. I'd appreciate it if you could share the result with me.
- Stalks and leaves of 1 medium sized celery,
- 1 tablespoon flour,
- 1 egg yolk,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 2 tbsps plain yogurt,
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 5 cups water,
- Salt, black pepper.
- Finely chop celery,
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and add chopped celery,
- Cook for 10-15 mins., constantly stirring,
- Add flour and saute for 1-2 mins,
- Add water and cook until the stalks are tender,
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg yolk, yogurt and lemon juice,
- Mix 1 ladleful of the boiling soup with this mixture to temper it,
- After the mixture comes to temperature, pour it into the soup and stir well,
- Boil the soup for 5 more mins, stirring,
- Season with salt and black pepper and remove from heat.