Mango Arugula Salad Recipe
If something is in your destiny, it finds you eventually. We applied for a UK visa just around these days last year. Our visa was issued, but the pandemic process started right after, and we could not go to UK. We postponed our tickets so that things would get better for the summer and we could go. Just a few days before our second attempt to go, UK imposed quarantine on visitors and we could not go again. This time we decided to go somewhere in Spain and went to Asturias. For the first few days, we ate meat as Asturian cuisine has lots of meat dishes and then we started to look for greens and vegetables and we found a Brazilian-Spanish infusion restaurant. We ate this salad there first. I don't know if it's because we ate it after all that meat dishes or because it's really good, but we loved it.
It is a recipe from Brazilian cuisine. I did a lot of research on the internet, but the recipes were different from what we ate. The main ingredients were the same but had a different sauce. The chef's special sauce I guess. I interpreted the sauce myself, taking into account the taste and appearance of the salad we ate. If I have to admit, it wasn't exactly the same, but I came close enough to say that I need to know the chef's recipe to do better.
Arugula salad is already one of my favorite salads. When I included sweet and sour mango in this recipe, the flavor reached to nirvana for me. If you are used to the sweet and sour taste in salads and you think this recipe is suitable for you, definitely try it. If you haven't tried something similar before and aren't sure whether you will like it or not, just say "I learned something new today" and pass to other recipes that are more suitable for you. Because salad ingredients are not cheap enough to be risked. For example you can check this arugula salad . It is both an unusual and a very tasty salad. You may have overlooked it because it is an old recipe. Give it a try.
- 1 pack (100 g) of arugula,
- 1 avocado,
- 1 mango,
- 1 handful of coarsely ground walnuts,
- 1 teaspoon of black cumin seed,
- Fresh juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of mustard,
- Salt to taste.
- Peel the avocado and cut into cubes,
- Peel the mango and cut into cubes,
- Take arugula, avocado and mango in a bowl,
- Scrape the remaining parts around the mango seed with a knife and take it in a small bowl and mash it with a fork until it is pureed,
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt and mix,
- Pour the sauce over the salad ingredients and mix,
- Sprinkle walnuts and black cumin seed.
Enjoy your meal...