Breakfast Salad With Avocado
Last weekend, I was eager to prepare something different for breakfast. You know, something different that I've never tried before. I did a Google search for breakfast recipes. Almost all the recipes I came across were either pastries or fried or both pastry and fried. It wasn't like the diet recipe I wanted, but I didn't want anything heavy either. Rather, it was something that I could put next to cheese and olives and add color to the table.
Long story short, I couldn't find anything different and went to bed. In the morning, I put the usual breakfast items on the counter. I looked around to see what else I could do with them. The ingredients reminded me of the guacamole recipe. This image came out when I removed the onion and replaced it with cucumber, add a little mint and chili pepper flakes. I liked the image so much that I wanted to photograph it.
It was a very good accompaniment to cheese and olives for breakfast, just as I wanted. As you can imagine, the taste was also very refreshing and scrumptious. It is not the most unusual breakfast in the world, but it has the power to cheer up the table. Plus it's vegan. If you are on a vegan diet, you can prepare a healthy and very satisfying breakfast with a vegan omelette with cornmeal.
I used fresh mint for greenery and also for seasoning, but of course you can replace this with any fresh or dried spice you like. Any of parsley, dill, dried mint or thyme would go well with this combination.
Enjoy the recipe...
For Avocado Mash;
- 1 avocado,
- Juice of 1/4 lemon,
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 tomato,
- 1 cucumber,
- A pinch of fresh mint, chopped,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil,
- Chili pepper flakes.
- For avocado paste, remove the seed of the avocado, separate it from the skin and mash it with a fork until pureed,
- Add lemon juice and salt and mix,
- On the other side, chop the tomato and cucumber and take them into a bowl,
- Add chopped mint, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and mix,
- Spread the avocado paste on the serving plate,
- Place the tomato salad on top,
- Sprinkle pepper flakes over.
Enjoy your meal...