As the season comes, now it’s time to cook delicious zucchini recipes. Zucchini is one of the not loved vegetables in Turkey actually and it’s also one of the vegetables that women want their husbands and children to love:) So, they try really hard to make it loved. Maybe that’s why we have so many zucchini recipes. If you don’t believe look at my zucchini recipes. These are just mine. In Turkish cuisine there are more recipes that I couldn’t have chance to try yet.
This chickpeas version is my invention by the way, it’s not a traditional recipe. Last week I planned to cook a zucchini recipe. We generally add some rice or bulgur in traditional recipes but I didn’t want to use those last week. So instead of rice I used chickpeas. It turned into a delicious meal, so I wanted to share with you. I hope you like it too.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 4 large zucchinies, peeled and chopped into cubes,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 100 g ground beef,
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped,
- 2 cups canned chickpeas,
- 2 tomatoes, chopped,
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1 tsp ground pepper,
- Dry mint,
- Red pepper flakes.
- Heat olive oil in a pot,
- Add into the ground beef, cook until changes colour,
- Add into the onion and garlic, cook until tender,
- Add the tomato paste and sautee until smells good,
- Add the ground pepper and stir,
- Add into the zucchini cubes, stir well, cook for 2-3 mins,
- Add into the tomatoes, stir,
- Cover the lid and cook in low heat until tender,
- Add chick peas and stir,
- If needed add half or one cup of boiling water and salt according to your taste,
- Cook for a few mins. and remove from heat.