Turkish Ramadan Pita Bread Recipe
Ramadan came and was welcomed. With Ramadan, the pitas that we love very much took their place on the stalls. Ramadan pita is good, but if you are more beautiful than it, it is the Ramadan pita you make yourself. The smell that spreads into the house, especially while cooking, will once again remind you of the meaning of fasting.
You know when you are walking down the street, you suddenly smell a nice smell of bread, then you raise your head and start looking for a bakery with your eyes, so think of that smell in your house. Or you enter the apartment and there is a similar smell. Until you get home, you pray that the smell comes from us, I hope. When you cook this pita close to iftar, you will fulfill the prayers of those who come home.
This pita is eggy and has a soft consistency. If you want to make a crispy crust pita, it would be better to try the crispy ramadan pita recipe.
There is a frequent problem with yeast dough. The dough sticks to your hands in such a way that you have to scrape it off with a spoon. Since oil is used in this dough, this problem does not exist. In short, it is a very easy dough to deal with. I can not do it, I will never try, do not think that my equipment will not be wasted, you can do it too.
Moreover, what will happen if you can't do it. Do not forget that people who cook skillfully were not born with that knowledge of food, they also learned how to cook by dreaming. Let this be your first fall. Just know how to get it up, don't be afraid to try new recipes.
- 3 cups all purpose flour,
- 1/2 cup lukewarm whole milk,
- 1 cup lukewarm water,
- 2 tbsp olive oil,
- 2 tsps instant dry yeast,
- 2 tsps salt,
- 1 tbsp sugar,
- For topping; 1 egg yolk, sesame seeds and nigella seeds.
- Combine milk, water, sugar and yeast in a bowl,
- Add flour gradually and start kneading,
- Add salt after you use half of the flour and knead,
- Add olive oil and keep kneading,
- Knead until you reach an elastic dough,
- Make a ball and cover the bowl with a plastic wrap, set aside for 45 mins.-1 hour,
- Knead the dough once again,
- Transfer it to a greased oven tray,
- Use your palm to flatten the dough into a flat rounded shape,
- Cover and rest it for 10-15 mins.,
- Make a circle pressing with your fingers 1-2 cm inside the pita, then diamond shapes in the middle,
- Brush the pita with egg yolk, sprinkle with sesame seeds and nigella seeds,
- Bake in a 190 C pre-heated oven until golden on top (around 30 mins.).