Crispy Ramadan Pide Recipe
Pide is the symbol of Ramadan together with dates for Turkish people. This year I am a little bit late for sharing this recipe I know. But not too late. We have one more week until Ramadan ends.
If you have not tried yet I suggest give it a try.
Ramadan pide has a crispy crust and it's soft inside. The best way to eat pide is to put a delicious butter and cheese inside it when it is just removed from the oven. The butter will melt with the heat of the pide and will be mixed with the cheese. It's very simple and very delicious especially together with a cup of Turkish tea.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 cups all purpose flour,
- 1-1,5 cup lukewarm water,
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast,
- 1 tsp salt,
- 1 tsp sugar,
- Sesame seeds and nigella seeds for topping.
- Combine water, sugar and yeast in a deep bowl,
- Add flour gradually and start to knead,
- Add salt together with the flour,
- Knead until you reach a little bit sticky and soft dough,
- Make a ball and cover the bowl with a plastic wrap, set aside for 30 mins.,
- Knead the dough once again, cover and set aside for another 30 mins.,
- Sprinkle flour in an oven tray,
- Transfer dough to the tray,
- Use your palm to flatten the dough into a flat rounded shape,
- Make a circle pressing with your fingers 1-2 cm inside the pita, then diamond shapes in the middle,
- Brush with water and top with sesame seeds and nigella seeds,
- Bake in a 190 C pre-heated oven until golden on top.