Turkish Meat Soup Recipe
I inspired this soup from the kelle paça soup of Turkish cuisine. It's mainly the same in method but instead of meat on the bone we use ship's head and toes. Technically it's still meat on the bone but on different bones:)
I had some bull's tail in the freezer and craving for kelle paça soup, so this delicious soup happened.
My husband doesn't very much like rabo de toro itself as it's hard to eat it with all the bones inside the dish. But as I separate the meats from the bones, in this recipe he loved it. With a home baked bread, it's the best thing that can happen to anyone.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g meat on the bone,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1/4 cup grape vinegar,
- 2 tablespoons flour,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 4 cups warm water,
- Take the meat in a pressure cooker and add water to pass over,
- Cover the lid and cook until the meat starts to separate from the bone,
- Remove from heat and drain,
- Shred the meat,
- Combine the egg yolk, vinegar and flour in a pot,
- Add 1 cup of broth and whisk well,
- Add 4 cups of warm water and stir fast,
- Add the shredded meat and cook constantly stirring until set,
- Add the vinegar and finely chopped garlic, stir well,
- Cook for a few mins more and remove from heat,
- Add the salt according to your taste and stir.