Lemon Cookies Recipe
I love the special recipes that are obtained with small additions to basic recipes. For example, in this lemon cookie recipe, I just added lemon to the basic cookie ingredients butter, egg, sugar, flour and baking powder.
It's a really crispy dough and makes you feel like you're in a lemon garden as soon as you take a bite (even before that bite with the smell of it). I would say, but, of course, the consistency of the recipes depends on your skill as much as the proportion of ingredients in the recipe. If you slice the cookies too thick and/or do not bake them sufficiently, they will be muddy inside and therefore the cookies will be soft rather than crispy. If the success of a recipe depends 60% on the recipe, then it depends 40% to the person who applies it and this 40% affects 100% of the recipe.
I'm sure some of you have started to think of alternative flavors that can be used instead of lemon. I'm sure the first one that you think of is orange, so do I. You can try the recipe with orange also or if you want to make orange cookies instead of trying to change the recipe, you can check out the orange cookies recipe.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 100 g of butter at room temperature,
- 1 egg,
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar,
- 1 lemon,
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 2 cups of flour.
- Mix the butter, egg, powdered sugar, baking powder, lemon juice and grated peels of the lemon in a deep bowl,
- Add the flour part by part and knead until you reach a soft dough,
- Take the dough on a large piece of plastic wrap and roll it into a cylinder shape with a diameter of 4-5 cm and wrap it with plastic wrap,
- Place into the freezer for 30-45 mins,
- Remove the plastic wrap and slice,
- Place into a baking tray covered with wax paper and bake in a 180 C degree pre-heated oven until the edges are partly brown.