Strawberry and Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
I wanted to share a strawberry cake recipe after the strawberry oatmeal bars recipe without missing the strawberry season. I guess there is no longer anyone who has not heard or tried, I have a famous recipe for marble cake. It is made with heavy cream. I also make this recipe with heavy cream. It has a perfect consistency, just like the marble cake, almost like velvet.
In the recipe, heavy cream is used instead of both butter and milk. So there is no extra milk or butter. It is the heavy cream that gives the velvet texture. If you wish, you can replace it with 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of milk, but it cannot approach the texture given by the heavy cream. So my advice is not to make this change unless there is an extraordinary situation.
Although strawberry is a sufficient aroma alone, it becomes a wonderful cake with lemon scent felt from the back. However, if you do not have lemons, you may not use.
Like all fruit cakes, this cake takes longer to bake than a classic cake. Don't panic. Like every fruit cake, its shelf life is a little short. When it waits longer than 2 days, the taste of strawberries starts to go bad. But the good news is that you can freeze the cake for up to 6 months.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup of sugar,
- 300 ml heavy cream,
- 2.5 cups of flour,
- 1 packet of baking powder,
- Grated shells of 1 lemon,
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice,
- 1.5 cups of finely chopped strawberries.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until creamy,
- Add the heavy cream and whisk,
- Add lemon peels and lemon juice and beat,
- Add flour part by part and keep beating,
- Add the baking powder together with the flour,
- Gradually add the remaining flour, check the consistency of the dough, add as much as necessary and whisk until you reach a smooth consistency,
- Add and mix the strawberries,
- Pour the mixture into a greased 24 cm cake mold,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until the toothpick comes out clean.