Roasted Eggplant Dish Recipe
I wanted to enjoy the last brews of eggplant with a nice recipe. There are dishes where we scrape the end of the plate with bread, and this is one of those recipes. It may make you eat a little too much bread, but it is so delicious that it gives no remorse :)
The Easy Way to Roast Eggplant
Since eggplant is easily roasted in the oven, many people generally prefer to roast it in the oven. But when it is roasted in the oven, it does not have that smell and taste of roasted eggplant. In my opinion, there is a loss in taste by half, maybe even more. How can you get that wonderful smell and taste in home conditions, how can eggplant and pepper be roasted? you can watch the video.
You Can Also Use Hot Pepper
If you like it hot, you can use one of the green peppers hot, or you can use the ground pepper you use for the sauce you put on it.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 6 eggplants,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 3 green peppers, chopped,
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and diced,
- 2-3 tbsps vegetable oil,
- 1 tbsp tomato paste,
- 1 tsp powdered chilli,
- 1/2 tsp pepper,
- Salt to taste.
For Topping sauces;
- 4 heaping spoons of plain yogurt,
- 1 clove of garlic, grated,
- Salt to taste,
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil,
- 1 tsp powdered chilli.
- Roast the eggplants over stove or in the oven,
- Heat oil in a large pan,
- Add into onions and green peppers and cook, constantly stirring, until tender,
- Add into the tomato paste and cook for another 2-3 mins.,
- Add into chilli powder and pepper, stir well,
- Add into tomatoes and cook until tender,
- Peel and chop the roasted eggplants and add into the dish, cook for another 10 mins.,
- Add salt, stir and remove from heat,
- For sauce in a deep bowl combine yogurt, garlic and salt and mix well,
- Heat oil in a pan,
- Add into the chilli powder, stir and remove from heat,
- Portion the dish into serving plates, Pour the sauce over and top with chilli sauce.