Baked Crispy Eggplant Recipe
I recently bought light purple, striped eggplants for the first time in my life. The exterior color is different, but I always thought the interior is the same. One day I decided to give it a try. It has a whiter colour, stiffer, firmer structure. When I saw that they are whiter inside, I wanted to make my first trial in the oven as my biggest concern about baking eggplants is the colour of the baked eggplant which make me lose my appetite.
As you can tell from the color of the eggplants that appears in the photo, it did not darken after baking. Then I tried frying and I enjoyed it. My next goal is to try it fire roasted. It tastes no different, by the way, just the eggplant taste you used to.
I have adapted my baked parmesan chicken bites recipe to eggplant. I created the recipe as a snack or a side dish, but while I was eating it I saw that it is actually a nice main course. It's pretty satisfying and fulling. But at the same time it can be a nice side dish beside grilled chicken or meat.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 eggplants,
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup breadcrumbs,
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or any aged cheese),
- Black pepper,
- Olive oil.
- Peel and slice the eggplants,
- Beat the egg on a deep plate with salt and pepper,
- On a separate plate, mix the bread crumb and cheese,
- Cover the eggplants first with the egg and then in the cheese bread mixture and place them on a tray covered with wax paper,
- Sprinkle olive oil over,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C until golden brown.