We have a guest from Italian cuisine today; eggplant parmesan recipe. Although it doesn’t take too short to make, it is a very easy recipe in terms of culinary experience. Anyone who can hold a knife can do it without difficulty.
Surely there have been people who have tried my recipe for baked crispy eggplant before. You can think of this recipe as a cheese and tomato sauce version of it. A complete summer meal. It is undoubtedly a full Italian dish with its parmesan and basil flavor. I gave old cheddar as an alternative to parmesan in the recipe. But if you want me to tell the truth, it’s not something I highly recommend. Because parmesan is not a cheese for me, it is an aroma, a flavor. It has a unique smell and taste and nothing else can replace this smell and taste.
The tomato sauce used in the recipe is very tasty by the way. It can be your ultimate tomato sauce for every occasion.
Parmesan eggplant is not a recipe suitable for waiting. When it waits, the inside of the eggplants gets mushy. It is best to eat it as soon as it is removed from the oven in its most delicious form.
Enjoy the recipe …
- 3 (about 1 kg) eggplants,
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup of flour,
- 2 cups of bread crumbs,
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan or old cheddar,
- 2 cups grated fresh cheddar.
For the sauce;
- 5 tomatoes,
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Peel the eggplants and slice them into thick circles,
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the addition of little salt,
- Cover the slices first with flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs and place them on a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper,
- Sprinkle half of the parmesan on them,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 210 degrees until golden brown,
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a sauce pan and add grated garlic and cook until it smells good,
- Add the tomato paste and stir fry until the smell comes out,
- Add the grated tomatoes and mix, cover the lid and cook until set,
- Add salt and mix and remove from heat,
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of sauce on the bottom of a 34 * 20 cm baking dish,
- Place half of the fried eggplants,
- Spread half of sauce on top, spread half of the grated fresh cheddar,
- Place the remaining eggplants on them,
- Spread the remaining sauce over them,
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and parmesan,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until the cheese melts,
- You can serve with fresh chopped basil.