- 1 cup red lentils,
- 1 onion,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika,
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil,
- Salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and thyme.
- Heat oil in a deep pan,
- Sauté the finely chopped onions in oil until tender,
- Stir in the tomato paste and paprika and cook for 2-3 mins,
- Add in the rinsed lentils and stir for 1 mins,
- Add 5 cups of water and boil until the lentils are fully cooked,
- Blend the soup into a smooth consistency,
- If it’s too thick add some hot water,
- Add in the salt and spices of your choice, boil for 2 more mins and remove from heat.