Pea Kofte Recipe
It's time for fresh peas, at least for Turkey and Spain. First artichoke and then pea are the two most beautiful vegetables which herald the coming of summer. Increase in the heat alone doesn't show we are approaching to summer. You need to experience other steps.
You should see peas, fresh potatoes and strawberries in supermarkets. You should cook a fresh pea casserole with peas and fresh potatoes and bake a strawberry cake afterwards. And then the question comes; what interesting meals can I cook with peas? A pea soup may be? Or kofte? I'm saying these as I experienced this same process in the last few weeks.
When the season of a fresh fruit of vegetable comes, first I cook or bake classical dishes which I missed in a year. And then start to look for different dishes I never tried before. I created pea kofte in one of those moments. We loved it, especially with garlic yogurt sauce. I'm sure I mentioned it before but I want to say again, garlic yogurt sauce is one of the essentials of Turkish cuisine. We use it generally together with fried dishes. It gives freshness to fried things according to Turkish palate. May be you can give it a try with this recipe. All you need to do is to mix plain yogurt with grated garlic and salt.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g fresh peas,
- 1 egg,
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs,
- A handful of chopped parsley,
- Vegetable oil to fry.
- Boil the peas in the pressure cooker until they are soft,
- Drain, wash with cold water, drain,
- Take into a deep bowl and crush with a fork,
- Add into the egg, bread crumbs, chopped parsley, salt and pepper, knead well,
- Make small balls and press with your hands,
- Fry 4-5 tbsps vegetable oil in a large pan,
- Fry both sides until golden.