Pea Salad Recipe
Some salads are edible with the meal, and some can be a meal by its own. Pea salad is more in the second category. If you are not hungry like a wolf, you can eat this salad alone and fill your stomach well. It has vegetables, it has carbohydrates, it has protein, what else should it be?
As with almost all salad recipes, I will make my standard reminder again. You can add the ingredients you want to the recipe and remove the ones you don't. Your spectrum is very wide. Canned corn, pickled gherkins, capers, finely chopped pickled hot peppers if you like hot peppers, chopped greens... You can color and diversify as you wish.
My general principle about food is "simple is beautiful". I'm in favor of capturing the maximum flavor with the least amount of material and effort. I don't like to put everything I can get into the food and turn the food into a circus. That's why I always leave the door open so that you can make the craziness you want in possible recipes. Unless I specifically state something like this, sticking to the recipe will yield the best results. Of course, as always, the decision is yours in the final analysis.
As you know, it is not possible to find fresh peas in this season. But I'm sure many of you have put your peas in the freezer over the summer. Now is the time to use those peas. You can cook frozen peas by throwing them into boiling water without thawing them.
Don't be upset if you don't have frozen peas. Ready-made canned peas will also be suitable for this recipe. You can use it without the need for any cooking process.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 cups of fresh peas,
- 1/4 cup of fine bulgur,
- 3 heaping tbsp of plain yogurt,
- 1 roasted red pepper,
- 1 handful of fresh mint, chopped,
- 1 clove of garlic, minced,
- Salt to taste,
- 1/2 cup of boiling water for cooking bulgur,
- Extra water to boil peas.
- Take the peas in a pot, add enough hot water to cover them and boil them until they soften,
- Drain the water and put it in a bowl,
- Put the bulgur in a small pot and add half cup of hot water,
- Close the lid and cook in low heat until the water is absorbed,
- Mix the peas and bulgur in a deep bowl,
- Chop the roasted red pepper into small pieces and add,
- Add yoghurt, minced garlic, minced mint and salt and mix without crushing.