Today’s recipe is super light and very appropriate for spring like any other recipe that contains strawberries. I serve this moist cake with vanilla gelato and fresh strawberries. You can, of course, serve it with strawberry ice cream if you like.
I had to serve it cold due to circumstances but I would suggest you to serve it warm if possible. I baked it in a 20 cm springform pan and served as triangular slices. But you can bake it in a rectangular baking pan. However keep in mind that the baking time will change depending on the type of pan you use. So adjust it accordingly.
The batter, before incorporating the strawberries, will be very thick. Don’t be alarmed by this! It actually means that you have done everything right. After adding the strawberries, the batter will loosen a little due to the juices from the strawberries.
I hope you give this super light and delicious spring recipe a try!
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 1,5 cups granulated sugar,
- 250 gr. diced strawberries,
- 2 cups flour,
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda,
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt.
- Dice the strawberries into small cubes,
- Cream together the eggs, vegetable oil and sugar,
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking soda,
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir using a wooden spoon or spatula,
- Now incorporate in the strawberries and stir,
- Pour into a greased 20 cm spring form pan,
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius preheated oven for 50-55 mins.