- 2 eggs,
- 1 egg yolk to brush on top,
- 125 gr butter,
- 1/2 cup olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 2 teaspoons baking powder,
- Olive paste for the filling
- Poppy seeds.
- Beat the eggs and salt,
- Melt the butter,
- Add the butter and oil into the eggs and whisk,
- Stir together the baking powder and flour, then start adding flour slowly to the wet mixture while mixing with your hands,
- Continue adding flour and kneading until you reach a soft non-sticky cookie dough consistency,
- Pull clementine size pieces from the dough and press to flatten, then place 1 teaspoon of olive paste in the centre and mold the dough around the filling,
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle on poppy seeds,
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius preheated oven until golden brown.