Mushroom Quiche Recipe
I have a delicious mushroom quiche recipe for you today. Using the ingredient amounts below, you can make one piece of quiche for 6 people. If you want you can use small tart molds and make 6 small individual quiches. This way it will be easier to serve them.
You can pre-cook the mushroom quiche or other quiche types and serve them as fresh by heating them before serving. You can also freeze it after cooking it completely and store it for up to three months.
Enjoy the recipe...
For the crust;
- 2 cups flour,
- 100 gr. cold butter cut into small cubes,
- 5 tablespoons cold water,
- 2 teaspoons salt.
For the filling;
- 400 gr. mushrooms,
- 1 onion,
- 1 red pepper,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 100 ml. heavy cream,
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 cup milk,
- 2 teaspoons salt,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Melt the butter for the filling,
- Sauté the onions (cut into long strips) in the butter until translucent,
- Add in the pepper (cut into long strips) and sauté for 5 mins,
- Now add in the sliced mushrooms and cook until softened,
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl,
- Whisk in the heavy cream, milk, salt and black pepper,
- Stir in the sautéed veggies,
- For the crust, add the cold butter cubes into the flour,
- Add in the salt and start rubbing the butter into the flour using your hands,
- Continue mixing until the mixture starts to come together to form a crumbly dough,
- Add in the cold water and knead until everything comes together,
- Roll the dough with a roller pin and place into a 24 cm tart mold,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees preheated oven until pinkish,
- Remove from oven and pour the filling into the tart crust,
- Bake again until golden on top.