I have a delicious mushroom quiche recipe for you today. Using the ingredient amounts below, you can make 6 individual size quiches or one large quiche and cut into six. If you use smaller molds, you can even double the number of portions.
You can also bake the quiche in a tart pan and serve in the form of slices. However, I prefer making them into individual molds since this way it is much easier to serve. The texture of the dough is brittle and crumbly so you might have problems while taking the slices out. However you make them, I’m sure you will enjoy them as much as we did.
For the crust;
- 2 cups flour,
- 100 gr. cold butter cut into small cubes,
- 2 tablespoons cold water,
- 2 teaspoons salt.
For the filling;
- 400 gr. mushrooms,
- 1 onion,
- 1 red pepper,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 100 ml. heavy cream,
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 cup milk,
- 2 teaspoons salt,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Melt the butter for the filling,
- Sauté the onions (cut into long strips) in the butter until translucent,
- Add in the pepper (cut into long strips) and sauté for 5 mins,
- Now add in the sliced mushrooms and cook until softened,
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl,
- Whisk in the heavy cream, milk, salt and black pepper,
- Stir in the sautéed veggies,
- For the crust, add the cold butter cubes into the flour,
- Add in the salt and start rubbing the butter into the flour using your hands,
- Continue mixing until the mixture starts to come together to form a crumbly dough,
- Add in the cold water and knead until everything comes together,
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and place on the bottom of muffin molds,
- Divide the filling equally amongst each mold,
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius preheated oven until golden on the sides.