- 1 egg,
- 125 g butter at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup olive oil,
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar,
- 1 cup cornstarch,
- 3 cups flour,
- 1 tsp powdered mastic gum,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- 2 cups ground hazelnuts.
- Whisk together the butter, olive oil, sugar and egg in a large bowl,
- Sift in the flour, starch, mastic gum and baking powder into the wet mixture and mix everything with your hands until the cookie dough comes together,
- Form walnut size pieces from the cookie dough and cover with ground hazelnuts, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees preheated oven until slightly golden,
- Turn off the heat and wait 10 mins. before removing from the oven.