Mastic Pudding Cookies
Is the gum mastic you bought from Turkey or Greece this summer awaits in the cupboards? I have a delicious cookie recipe today for those awaiting mastics. Think of a velvety, fragrant pudding hidden in a crispy dough. Hah, now stand up and make it:)
The ingredients of the dough are easy to find and the recipe is easy to make. The only step you can be a little anxious about is the shaping step. But be sure it's not so complicated. Pudding is prepared and cooled before the cookie dough, so it does not stick or leak.
I know some people don't have or like mastic gum and they're wondering if it is possible to make it without it. Mastic gum is an aroma, not a consistency ingredient. In short, it does not affect the texture of what it is removed from. So imagine a classic delicious pudding in a classic delicious crispy cookie. If you want to eat it, you can do it without mastic gum. But the thing that makes this recipe so special is the taste and smell of the mastic gum. When it is removed, the cookies will have a slightly more ordinary taste. If you are going to make this change, just know that in order not to be disappointed.
Seeing a new recipe sometimes makes you say I should do it right now. But sometimes we do not have or like some of the necessary ingredients. In this case, it is necessary to think through when deciding whether to change the recipe. Each recipe may not be suitable for everyone and sometimes you need to know to give up in order not to be disappointed.
Enjoy your stay ...
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature,
- 1 egg,
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar,
- 1/2 cup cornstarch,
- 1.5-2 cups of flour,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mastic gum,
- Extra powdered sugar for topping.
For filling cream;
- 1 cup of milk,
- 1 tbsp cornstarch,
- 2 tablespoons sugar,
- 1 teaspoon ground mastic gum.
- For filling cream pour all the ingredients in a saucepan and whisk until no lumps,
- Cook, constantly stirring, in low-medium heat until set, remove from heat,
- For cookie dough mix butter, egg and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl,
- Add cornstarch, baking powder, mastic gum and half a cup of flour and start to knead,
- Add the remaining flour part by part and knead until you reach a smooth dough,
- Take tangerine sized pieces from the dough and extend it in your palm,
- Put 1 tsp cream, close and roll,
- Place the cookes into a baking tray covered with wax paper and bake in a 180 C degrees preheated oven until tiny cracks start to appear on top,
- Turn off the heat and set aside in the oven for 5 min. more, then remove from the oven,
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.