Kadinbudu Kofte (Meatball with Rice) Recipe
When we look at the Turkish recipes, we see that we have dozens of meatballs and dozens of meatballs as a main dish. This variety of meatballs is not mind-blowing. Whichever city of the country you go to, you will come across a different recipe, sometimes even a few meatball recipes. This variety may be due to our love of meat dishes and the fact that meatballs are an easy meat dish.
Meatballs are one of the easiest dishes to prepare in a restaurant. It will be ready in three to five minutes on the grill. It is also one of the easiest meals to prepare at home. When you put some potatoes on the side, it turns into a menu that no one can say no to. As such, there are plenty of meatballs, of course. Kadinbudu is a type of meatball that I think was created with the aim of contributing to the home economy. It both collects the remaining rice and costs less because it reduces the amount of meat. Moreover, it is very tasty. What more could a person want from a meatball?
- 500g ground beef,
- 1 egg (the yolk and white separated),
- 1 cup of cooked rice,
- 1 small onion,
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon cumin,
- 1/4 cup finely minced parsley,
- 1 cup all purpose flour,
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and add the finely chopped onions and sauté until tender,
- Add half of the ground beef and cook until it turns brown,
- Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool,
- Add the rest of the ground beef, rice, egg yolk, salt, cumin and black pepper to the cooled mixture and mix well with your hands,
- Let the mixture rest in a refrigerator for half an hour,
- Form small oval-shaped patties out of the mixture,
- Dip the patties first into the flour and then into beaten egg white,
- Fry in hot oil.