Hasan Pasha Kofte Recipe
Meatballs are the best form of meat in my opinion. The flavor it creates with the spices put in it overtakes all kinds of meat. As it is known, the best friend of meatballs is potatoes. Whether it's mashed or fried, it's very good with meatballs.
I don't know who Hasan Pasha is or what he is, but it is certain that we have an ancestor who knows the taste of his mouth. He took the puree that we prepared as a side dish next to our meatballs and included it in the meatballs. God bless his mind and palate.
I did a little research on who it was. But I couldn't find even the slightest clue. Although there are many people named Hasan Pasha, there are also settlements with the same name. What I could find is a town in Burdur and a village in İnegöl. However, there is no mention of meatballs on their website.
Enjoy the recipe...
For the meatballs:
- 500g medium-fat ground beef,
- 1 onion,
- 1 egg,
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs,
- 1 handful of finely chopped parsley,
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper,
For the puree:
- 2 medium potatoes,
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- 1/2 cup of milk,
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper,
- Melting cheese, such as cheddar, tongue or string cheese.
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 1 cup of water,
- Peel and grate the onion,
- Mix the minced meat, grated onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and spices and knead well,
- Break off large pieces of the mortar and make a hole in the middle,
- Place the meatballs on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven at 200 C degrees until golden brown,
- For mash, peel, boil and drain the potatoes,
- Mash with a fork or crushing apparatus,
- Melt the butter in the pan,
- Add the potatoes and mix,
- Add the milk while stirring,
- Add salt and pepper at the end and cook for 5 more minutes,
- Take the meatballs out of the oven and place the finely chopped cheeses in the pits,
- Spread the mashed potatoes on them with a piping bag or spoon,
- Mix 1 tablespoon of tomato paste with water and pour it into the tray with the meatballs,
- Put back to the oven and cook until golden brown.