Baked Kofte with Potato Recipe
This baked kofte (meatball) with potato recipe is a dish that I have been making for a long time and wanted to share with you. I think it is very suitable for those who always ask me for practical recipes. Especially if you prepare your meatballs in advance and stock them in the freezer, like me, there is nothing better than you. You place the meatballs and potatoes on the greased tray, drizzle a little oil and salt on them, and put them in the hot oven. After making sure that your meatballs and potatoes are cooked, it is enough to pour tomato paste water on them.
As a matter of fact, there is no such thing as practical food. There is pre-prepared. As I said, if your meatballs are ready in advance, you should buy something, but if not, you have to spend a separate time for it. Therefore, in order to easily handle kitchen chores, go to the kitchen in your spare time and prepare things that will make your work easier in the future and throw them aside.
Meatballs are the best example. Prepare the meatballs, fill them in freezer bags and put them in the freezer. If it takes a lot of time to chop onions while cooking, chop 5-6 onions in your spare time and put them in separate bags and put them in the freezer. When you are cooking, you can fry it directly in the oil without waiting for it to dissolve. For example, I have peppers that I chopped and removed from the summer in the freezer. I both use summer pepper, and I don't care if there is pepper at home, I can take it out of the freezer and use it whenever I need it.
Since we have extended the work until the summer preparations, let me also touch on the subject of tomatoes. Now, summer has come, as before, we are eating field tomatoes, unfortunately, they are not in good condition. Now we eat plastic tomatoes whether it is summer or winter. Therefore, if you happen to be in a village or town that grows tomatoes only for their own consumption, not for commercial purposes, buy as many tomatoes as you can. Either grate or chop them for canning or put them in the freezer. You will be present and you will not forget the real taste of tomato.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 4 potatoes,
- 2 tablespoons of oil,
- 500g medium-fat medium-fat ground beef,
- 1 onion,
- 1 egg,
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs,
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 2 tablespoons of oil,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 2 tomatoes (or 1 cup grated tomato)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper,
- 1 glass of water,
- Grate the onion and add it to the minced meat,
- Add bread crumbs, eggs, black pepper and salt and knead,
- Peel and slice the potatoes,
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil on it and mix,
- Line up the meatballs and potatoes in a suitable sized baking dish,
- Put it in the oven and cook at 190C degrees until the potatoes are soft,
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan,
- Add the tomato paste and fry it until it smells,
- Add the ground pepper and fry it,
- Add the tomato grater and cook for a few minutes,
- Add water and little salt, mix and remove from the stove,
- Take it from the oven and pour the sauce over it,
- Return it to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. more.