Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
One of the biggest shortcomings on the blog was the recipe for home made mayonnaise. Sometimes it is always delayed in some way, no matter how much you intend. I think that's because everything has a time. But I from time to time it is hard to admit that.
The day I shared the homemade ketchup recipe, I said to myself that I should share the mayonnaise recipe as soon as possible (five years ago). I don't know what happened but it was not possible.
Homemade mayonnaise recipe is an easy ingredient recipe that takes no time to make, but it is not a very easy recipe. No matter how diligent you are, there is always the possibility of curdling of the egg yolks. Although it is given as a trick to add the oil drop by drop, there is no guarantee that it will prevent curdling 100%. But still, be very careful during the oil adding phase and add the oil literally drop by drop. You can use an injector to make this process easier.
Another thing that makes it easy to make mayonnaise is to make mayonnaise with two people. One person for holding the container and using the mixer and one person for adding the oil.
The recipe contains an ingredients that you may not have; djon mustard. Although it is not one of the main ingredients of mayonnaise, it is one of the ingredients that give mayonnaise the taste of mayonnaise. It is not necessary to use it, but if used, a much more delicious mayonnaise is obtained. You can also use 1/4 tsp of mustard powder instead.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 egg yolks,
- 1 + 1/4 cup sunflower oil,
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (or any white vinegar or lemon juice,
- 1/2 teaspoon of djon mustard,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,
- A pinch of black pepper.
- Take egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, pepper and salt in a deep glass jar,
- Beat with a hand mixer until it reaches a smooth consistency,
- While continuing to whisk, add sunflower oil first drop by drop, after it begins to set, then add it as thin as a twine,
- After adding all the oil, you can check the taste and add a little more salt, mustard or vinegar and whisk,
- Put it in a glass jar with a lid and keep it in the fridge,
- You can keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.