One of the most exciting recipes I’ve tried lately is vegan mayonnaise. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it in vegan recipes before. When I make a recipe with different ingredients and get the same taste, I am very surprised and excited. That’s what excites me about vegan mayonnaise.
Since I tried this recipe I cannot help but ask why we have been eating raw eggs for years if we could make mayonnaise from aquafaba. Ok, other ingredients are the same as mayonnaise, but a basic ingredient like egg yolk changes, but the flavor remains the same. Enormous.
Even if you’re not vegan or have an egg allergy, this recipe might be your basic homemade mayonnaise recipe. In addition to the fact that it does not contain eggs, it is less risky than classic mayonnaise. Classic mayonnaise can be curdled or can be thickened, but this recipe has no such risk and the moment the blender starts to work, it gets thick and your mayonnaise is ready in seconds.
I will list a few tips for the vegan mayonnaise recipe;
- First of all, if you do not know what aquafaba is, you should take a look at the article and recipe for aquafaba.
- I recommend that you do not use olive oil (this advice goes also for classic mayonnaise). When you use real olive oil, its bitterness will also be felt in mayonnaise and it will taste unpleasant. If you have a low-quality olive oil that is not bitter, it would still be more appropriate to use a quality sunflower oil instead.
- Make sure that the container or blender in which you are making mayonnaise is not wet or even moist, but completely dry.
- Aquafaba should be cold.
- You can use any kind of vinegar.
- You can use the same amount of powdered mustard instead of Djon mustard, or you may not use any mustard at all, but it will taste better if you do.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 3/4 cup sunflower oil,
- 3 tablespoons of aquafaba,
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar of any kind,
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Djon mustard with the tip of a teaspoon,
- Salt with the tip of a teaspoon,
- Black or white pepper with the tip of the teaspoon.
- Take all the ingredients in a narrow and deep cup or glass,
- Blend with a hand blender until thick,
- Transfer your vegan mayonnaise into a glass jar and keep it in the fridge.