Tekirdag is a province of Turkey famous with its delicios koftes. The taste of koftes is coming from the quality of sheep’s and cattle’s meats of the region. It is a result of the diversity of grass and herbs cattles/sheeps eating of course. But besides the meat used in the kofte, the preparation is also affects the taste. So, I reccommend you to taste this syle of kofte this time.
- 500 gr. ground beef/lamb,
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs,
- 1 small onion,
- 1 teaspoon cumin,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 small clove of garlic,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda,
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika,
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper,
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes,
- 1 egg,
- 1/2 tablespoon semolina.
- MIx the ground beef, bread crumbs, grated onion, cumin, salt and crushed garlic together with your hands,
- Add the baking soda, paprika, black pepper and red pepper flakes and continue mixing,
- Finally incorporate the egg and semolina into the meatball mixture,
- Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator overnight,
- Form rectangular patties from the meatball mixture and fry in hot vegetable oil.