Tekirdag Kofte Recipe
Tekirdag is a province of Turkey famous with its delicious koftes. The taste of koftes is coming from the quality of sheep's and cattle's meats of the region. It is a result of the diversity of grass and herbs cattles/sheeps eating of course. But besides the meat used in the kofte, the preparation is also affects the taste. So, I recommend you to taste this style of kofte this time.
- 500 g ground beef/lamb,
- 1 small onion,
- 1 small clove of garlic,
- 1 tsp of semolina,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin,
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika,
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Combine the ground beef, grated onion, crushed garlic, semolina, cumin, pepper, paprika salt and knead well,
- Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator overnight,
- Next day knead the mixture again and form patties in the size and shape of the little finger,
- Cook the meatballs on heated grill or add 5-6 tbsps of sunflower oil into a pan, heat and add into the meatballs and cook until brown.