Hamburger Buns Recipe
Although hamburgers aren't a traditional Turkish food, they're a popular menu item at casual restaurants and cafes. Especially children love hamburgers. As moms generally not confident about the ingredients of fast food chains they love to cook and bake the foods their kids love at home. That's why I wanted to share these soft, rich sandwich rolls which always solicit compliments and requests for the recipe.
You can prepare the rolls with whole wheat flour as well, if you want to have a healthier menu. But when you do this the amount of the flour may change. So please remember to arrange the flour amount according to the form of the dough.
Hope you like the recipe...
- 2 cups lukewarm water,
- 10 grams active dry yeast,
- 1 tbsp sugar,
- 2 tsps salt,
- 4-4,5 cups flour,
- 1 egg yolk and sesame seeds for topping.
- In a large bowl mix water, sugar and yeast together,
- Add enough flour and salt to form a smooth dough,
- Cover with a towel, and leave to rise about 45 mins to 1 hour,
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 8 portions,
- Shape each portion into a ball and place on a baking pan covered with parchement paper,
- Brush the tops lightly with egg yolk and spread sesame seeds,
- Set aside and let rise for15-20 mins.,
- Bake at 180 C degrees until golden.