This is the easiest and most delicious sandwich bread ever. You can eat a loaf only by yourself if you don’t stop yourself. It’s suitable for both making sandwiches and toasting.
Is Diary Free Sandwich Bread Possible?
To make the bread soft, it is prepared with milk instead of water. The butter also contributes to this softness. Those who are allergic to milk or vegan can use a vegetable-based milk and butter instead. But any type of oil cannot be considered as an alternative to get this consistency.
Honey is used to feed the yeast. You can use the same amount of sugar instead.
About The Proofing Of Sandwich Bread
After the dough is prepared and placed in the mold, the the second proofing process is done in the oven in a very humid environment. This process provides flexibility to the crust and allows the dough to rise without tearing. A bowl of water, which is put in the oven while baking, also serves this job.
About the Baking Process of the Sandwich Bread
Since the sandwich bread rises a lot while baking, if the volume of your oven is small, it can get very close to the heat source on the ceiling while it is baking and it can become brown in a very short time. When bread is browned in 15 minutes for example, this does not mean that it is baked. A bread of this size does not bake in 15 minutes. If it is golden in the 15th minute, you can cover it with a piece of greaseproof paper so that inside of the bread bakes well. The greaseproof paper will cut the direct contact of the heat and slow down the browning.
If the mold you use permits it take the bread out of the mold as soon as you remove it from the oven and cool it on a rack. Be careful not to slice the bread before it cools completely.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 1 cup of hot milk,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1 tablespoon honey,
- 2 teaspoons of instant yeast,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 2.5-3 cups flour.
- Mix milk, butter and honey in a bowl,
- After making sure that the mixture is luke warm, add the yeast and mix,
- Add the flour little by little and start mixing,
- After adding half of the flour, add and mix the salt with the flour,
- Gradually add the remaining flour, check the consistency, add as much as necessary and knead until you get a soft, non-sticking dough,
- Cover it and rest for 45 minutes.,
- Take the dough on the counter, fold and knead,
- Give it a rectangular shape by pressing with your hands,
- Fold it from the edges to the center and make give it a log shape and turn upside down,
- Stretching gently from top to bottom make it look smoother,
- Place the dough in a greased 24 cm baton cake mold,
- Place a baking tray on the bottom of the oven with the heat setting closed and put boiling water into the tray,
- Put the mold in the oven and cover the lid and let it rest for 45 minutes (until almost triples),
- Take the tray and bread out of the oven and heat the oven to 190 C degrees,
- Put boiling water in a small bowl suitable for the oven at the bottom of the oven,
- Put the mold in the oven and bake until golden brown.