Strawberry season has arrived, but unfortunately we cannot efficiently evaluate this opportunity. We make grocery shopping once a week, and if we can find good strawberries we buy them once in a week. We eat it twice, and I make a dessert with the rest. Since it is both easy and relatively light, this dessert is strawberry oatmeal bars. It is like a little bit of crumble, a little bit of crumble bars, and a little bit of apple spread cake.
The dessert is very easy to make and takes very short time. It is prepared and baked in maximum 10 minutes. But just god knows how long it will take to bake. The baking time will change according to the oven and the baking dish you use and how much you want it to be browned. You can decide if it is baked or not by checking the color change from the glass of the oven. Unless there is a problem with the heating system of your oven, the bottom will be baked when it is browned on top.
How to Store
Since it is a fruit dessert, it is not a dessert that can be stored for days. If it is prepared for a guest, it is better to serve it on the same day. If you make it for yourself, it can be eaten the next day, like a cold pizza eaten the next day (not everyone likes), with a different kind of taste. If it will stay the next day and the other day, you can keep it in the refrigerator in a an airtight container.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 100 g butter,
- 1.5 cups of oatmeal,
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon flour,
- 1/2 cup sugar.
For the filling;
- 500 g strawberries,
- 2 tablespoons of sugar,
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice,
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Melt the butter,
- Combine oatmeal, flour, sugar, and butter in a deep bowl and mix with a spoon,
- Remove the strawberries’ stems and slice them round,
- Add sugar and lemon juice and mix,
- Sprinkle starch on top and mix,
- Spread more than half of the oatmeal mixture in the bottom of a 20 * 26 cm baking dish,
- Spread the strawberries on it,
- Sprinkle with the remaining oatmeal mixture on top,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until golden brown.