Apple Pie Recipe
Since it is the most suitable fruit for dessert making, we can call apple the star of the winter. In Turkey the season is opened generally with the apple filled cookies and continues with the recipes different in shape but same in essence such as apple crumble bars, apple crumbles.
Apple pie is one of the most important recipes of American cuisine that is generally underestimated as I mentioned in the garlic bread sticks recipe that I shared recently. It contains lots of apples, a small amount of dough and lots of flavor. A dream recipe for apple lovers. Moreover, apples are not pre-cooked as in apple crumble bars or apple cookies. This makes the apple pie very easy to make.
You can use any kind of apples you like for the recipe. The butter should be just cold, not frozen. You should bake the pie as soon as you prepare it. If you wait, the apples would loose water and the water would wet the dough and the dough would not be crispy.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 cups of flour,
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar,
- 100 g diced cold butter,
- 5-6 tablespoons of cold water.
For the filling;
- 2 (600 g) large apples,
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar,
- 1/2 lemon juice,
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon,
- 2 tablespoons flour.
- Mix flour and powdered sugar for the dough,
- Add the butter and mix it with your fingertips,
- When you reach a sand-like dough, add the water and knead the dough,
- Cover and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes,
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the apples,
- Add the lemon juice and mix,
- Add sugar, cinnamon and flour and stir well,
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and divide it into two pieces as 2/3 and 1/3,
- Put the small piece back into the fridge,
- Put the big piece between two greaseproof papers and roll it according to the size of a 20 cm pie mold and place it in the greased mold,
- Place the apples onto the dough,
- Roll the small piece of dough and place it on the mold, and gently press the edges and join them together with the base,
- Make a plus shape in the middle for the steam to come out,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until golden brown.