- 1 heaping spoon of butter, melted,
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk,
- 2 egg (yolk of one is for topping),
- 2 tsps instant yeast,
- 1 tbsp sugar,
- 3,5-4 cups flour.
- 1 cup raisins,
- 1 tbsp cinnamon,
- 1 heaping spoon of confectioners sugar,
- 1 heaping tsp of butter, melted.
- In a deep bowl mix sugar, yeast and milk,
- Add melted butter, 1 egg and 1 egg white and mix,
- Add flour one spoon at a time and start to knead,
- Add flour and knead until you reach a smooth and elastic sough,
- Make a ball out of the dough and cover with a plastic wrap, set aside until doubles in size (for about 45 mins.),
- Knead the dough again, add into the raisins and keep kneading until blended well,
- Sprinkle flour over the counter and roll the dough into a rectangle,
- Brush over the dough with the melted butter,
- Combine cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the dough,
- Roll up the rectangle from the short side,
- Place the roll in a greased 26 cm baking tin,
- Set aside for about 20 mins.,
- Brush the top with egg yolk,
- Bake in a 170 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden on top.