Chewy Nut Cookie Recipe
After a long break, I'm back with you. Unfortunately, I returned from my beautiful hometown Kırklareli, where we went by combining the May 19 holiday with the weekend, after getting sick. I was actually sick during the holidays. While I was thinking that I was starting to recover on Sunday, I think I clinched my illness by stopping by the air conditioning of the bus on the way back. I have completely given up hope of recovery before a week now. My only wish is that it doesn't give way to a dry cough.
To tell the truth, it is not possible to say that my vacation was ruined because of this disease. I said that I would wipe my nose and travel during the holiday, and I did not miss any point. I want to share this with you in a new article with a photo, before it's too late.
Now let's get to our recipe. I think it's been a while since I made this cookie. It was waiting to be published in the archive for a long time. For the recipe, we can say that it is a flash of bitter almond cookies. Hazelnut-almond flavor is felt in a mixed way. It has a structure that sticks to the palate like a bitter almond cookie and its edges are crunchy like meringue. If you wish, you can keep it in the oven for less and have it completely in the texture of bitter almond cookies.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 egg whites,
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of hazelnuts,
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar,
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Pulse the hazelnuts and almonds in the food processor until flour,
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk until it reaches the consistency of shaving foam,
- Add the sugar and continue whisking until it dissolves.
- Add almonds and hazelnuts and mix with a spatula,
- Arrange the mixture on the tray on which you have laid baking paper, with the help of 2 dessert spoons,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C degrees for about 15-20 minutes until the edges start to brown,
- Turn off the heat of the oven and keep in the oven for 15 minutes. more.