- 1 cup buckwheat, washed and drained,
- 2 cups boiled (or canned) chickpeas,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1 tsp dry mint,
- 1 tsp pepper flakes,
- Salt to taste,
- 2.5 cups of boiling water.
- Melt the butter in a pan,
- Add buckwheat and roast for a few minutes,
- Add water and salt and cover the lid,
- Cook until the buckwheat is almost tender and absorbed the whole water,
- Add chickpeas and mix and cook until the water is completely pulled out,
- Add dried mint and pepper flakes and stir,
- Cover the lid and set aside for 10 mins. before serving.