Vegetarian Chickpea Stew Recipe
Chickpea, dried beans, rice and salad are one of the indispensable menus during the winter. I like chickpeas one degree more than dried beans. In fact, rice with chickpeas is much more delicious than chickpea dish, in my opinion.
Chickpea dish is very nutritious as well as being a savior answer to the question of what to cook for dinner. It is a good source of protein, especially for those who do not eat meat. Unlike what I do, there are those who boil the chickpeas first and strain the water. However, it is very important that this water is not thrown away in order to use the nutrition of chickpeas to the fullest.
Rice pilaf is much more delicious with it, yes, I agree. But since bulgur is a much better fiber source than rice, I recommend you to choose bulgur pilaf instead of rice pilaf. Bulgur should also be our first choice in the rice group, as it is a very rich food in terms of B vitamins.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 cups chickpeas,
- 1 onion,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons paprika,
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- Black pepper,
- Soak the chickpeas in warm water and let them sit overnight (or use canned chickpeas),
- Finely chop the onion,
- Sauté in oil until translucent,
- Add in the tomato paste and cook for 3 mins,
- Stir in the paprika,
- Add in the drained chickpeas and cook for 2 mins,
- Add enough water to submerge the chickpeas,
- Boil until the chickpeas are softened (Take 25 mins in a pressure cooker),
- Season with salt and black pepper before removing from heat.