Black Forrest Banana Cake Recipe
I like black forest cake with bananas more than cherries. It has a softer taste I think. This is my perfect black forrest banana cake recipe. Lots of people who taste it think it is from bakery. I think some people around me still does not get used to the idea of me being a good cook:)
- 1 3 layers cocoa sponge cake,
- 1,5 cups milk,
- 2 bananas,
- 40 gr grated chocolate for topping.
- 200 butter at room temperature,
- 200 ml whipping cream,
- 1 cup confectioners sugar,
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder.
- For filling in a large mixing bowl beat butter and whipping cream together with electric mixer on high speed until slightly thickened. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar and vanilla powder until stiff peaks form,
- Set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hour,
- On serving plate, place 1 cake layer,
- Spread 1/3 of the milk on the layer to moisten,
- Spread with 1/3 of the whipped cream, then 1 banana cut into slices to within 1 inch of edge,
- Top with second layer and moisten with half of the remaining milk,
- Frost top with remaining whipped cream and sliced bananas,
- Top with the last layer and moisten mith remaining milk,
- Cover all around the cake with the remaining whipped cream,
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Set aside in the fridge at least 1 hour before serving.