Strawberry Roll Cake Recipe
I wanted to use this recipe to make a roll cake, one of the classic flavors of our childhood. The banana was so popular, probably because the banana itself was so popular. Magnolia pudding would be a good second example. If a banana recipe becomes popular with us, it will be followed by strawberry and chocolate chips. Strawberry roll cake is also one of the highlights after bananas.
The biggest problem with roll cakes is that the sponge cake cracks while being wrapped. Although the effect of the recipe is great, there is another important reason for this; Overcooking the pancake. It is normal for the sponge cake, which has been overcooked and dried too much, to crack or break while being wrapped. I've written this before, in the kitchen afraid that food is left uncooked, a lot of things are overcooked. Sponge cake is one of those things that get their share of it. Since it is poured very thinly, it cooks very quickly. After the color turns and the toothpick test comes out clean, do not say what will happen, let it stand a little more, drink it, take it from the oven as soon as it is cooked.
The sponge cake of the cake is soft and puffy, cream can be used very comfortably because it is not in a fluid consistency.
Do not use unsavory strawberries left in a corner of the fridge for the recipe. Because the flavor of the strawberry directly affects the flavor of the cake. Choose strawberries in good condition as possible. You can prepare your cake one day before the service, if you use the strawberries in good condition, it will not cause watering, but I say do not leave it to the 3rd day.
For the cake;
- 5 eggs (whites and yolks are separated),
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 1/4 cup milk,
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 cup flour.
- 200 ml heavy cream,
- 200 ml cream cheese,
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar,
- 1 pack of vanilin sugar.
For filling and topping;
- 10-15 strawberries.
- For the cake beat egg whites until stiff peaks,
- Add the sugar and beat 1 min. more,
- In a different bowl beat egg yolks until creamy,
- Add milk and vegetable oil and beat together,
- Add egg whites one scoop at a time and stir together with a spatula,
- Add the flour and stir in trying not to loose the bubbly consistency of the batter,
- Pour the mixture into a large baking pan covered with parchement paper,
- Bake until the toothpick comes clean in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven,
- Remove from oven and cover with a kitchen towel, set aside for a few mins.,
- Then roll the cake and cover with the towel again and set aside to cool,
- When cooled completely prepare the cream,
- Beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks,
- In a different bowl combine cream cheese and confectioners sugar together and stir well,
- Add heavy cream and vanilin sugar and stir until homogenous,
- Unroll the cake and remove the parchement paper, cut the edges if not smooth,
- Coat 2/3 of the cream over the cake,
- Chop and place half of the strawberries over, then roll again,
- Coat the cake with the remaining cream and garnish with the remaining strawberries.