For the cake;
- 5 eggs (whites and yolks are separated),
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 1/4 cup milk,
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 3/4 cup flour.
- 200 g butter, at room temperature,
- 200 ml cream cheese,
- 1 cup confectioners sugar,
- 20 g vanilin sugar.
For filling and topping;
- 20 strawberries, halved.
- Beat the butter until creamy,
- Add cream cheese and beat for a few mins. more,
- Add confectioners sugar and vanilin sugar, beat until the sugar melts, set aside in the fridge,
- For the cake beat egg whites until stiff peaks,
- In a different bowl beat egg yolks and sugar until creamy,
- Add milk and vegetable oil and beat together,
- Add egg whites one scoop at a time and stir together with a spatula,
- Pour the mixture into a large baking pan covered with parchement paper,
- Bake 8-10 mins. in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven,
- Remove from oven and cover with a kirtchen towel, set aside for 5 mins.,
- Then roll the cake and cover with the towel again and set aside to cool,
- When cooled completely unroll the cake and remove the parchement paper, cut the edges if not smooth,
- Coat half of the cream over the cake and place half of the strawberries along the short edge, then roll again,
- Coat the cake with the remaining cream and garnish with strawberries and mint leaves if you want.