Panini Maker Waffle Cake Recipe
I've been wanting to share a waffle recipe in the panini maker for a long time. Recently, I made an effort to enter the kitchen and get to work. I was just starting to cook and prepare the waffles when the idea for this cake came to my mind. You know, it happens sometimes, you need to celebrate a birthday all of a sudden, or you want to give a little surprise to a friend who doesn't like to celebrate their birthday... I thought it would be nice if there was a cake that could be prepared in a short time for such occasions.
Whipping, cooking and shaping the recipe takes a maximum of half an hour in total. It makes 6 waffles with the following ingredients. With these waffles, you can make two small cakes with three layers. Of course, you don't have to make a cake. You can also serve it in the form of regular waffles.
I prepared the cake with store bought cocoa and hazelnut butter. It is worth noting for those who say, "What's cocoa and hazelnut butter?" The product mentioned is Nutella and its derivatives. It may come as a surprise to some of you, but Nutella is a brand, not a product name. The name of the product is cocoa and hazelnut butter. If you do not want to use store bought products, you can make your own breakfast waffle spread with the home made nutella recipe. If you want to be sugar-free and healthier, you can use the sugar free nutella recipe. If you want to take your cake to the next level with more time and effort, you can use pastry cream instead of cocoa hazelnut cream.
By the way, you can also make the waffle cake salty if you wish. For this, remove the sugar and vanilla in the dough and use cream cheese instead of hazelnut butter and avocado, tomato, cucumber, etc. instead of strawberries and bananas. In this way, it will be a wonderful breakfast all together.
One last thing worth mentioning... While cooking the waffles, be careful not to press the lid of the panini maker as if you are making a panini. When you press in this way, the waffles will not rise and will be tight.
Enjoy the recipe..
- 2 eggs,
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- 1 cup of milk,
- 1+3/4 cup of flour,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt,
- Vanilla with the tip of a teaspoon,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder,
- Cocoa and hazelnut butter,
- Fruits such as bananas, kiwis, strawberries,
- Nuts such as coconut, walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds.
- Take the eggs in a deep bowl, add sugar and salt and whisk,
- Add the milk and melted and warmed butter and whisk,
- Add the flour gradually and keep whisking,
- Add the baking powder and vanilla together with the flour and whisk,
- Preheat the panini maker,
- Take a ladle of dough and spread it on the maker,
- Close the lid and cook the waffles until they are lightly browned,
- Lift the waffle and turn it in the opposite direction of the lines,
- Close the lid and cook until well browned,
- After all the dough is finished, cut the protruding parts on the edges of the waffle slices and bring them all to the same size,
- Spread the cocoa and hazelnut butter on a waffle and arrange the sliced fruits,
- Place a waffle on it, apply cocoa and hazelnut butter on it and arrange the sliced fruits,
- Place another waffle and apply cocoa hazelnut cream on it,
- You can decorate it with sliced fruits, grated coconut and ground nuts.