Baked Filled Kofte With Cauliflower
Today I am with you with a recipe that brings a different perspective to the classic baked filled kofte. I used a mixture prepared with cauliflower and corn flour instead of bulgur. It has become gluten-free as well as reducing the calories. In such alternative recipes, generally there is a taste loss, but it's not the same for this recipe. It doesn't have the same taste as the classic baked filled kofte, but it is a different delicious meal.
I don't know if I need to say that, but when it is eaten with garlic yogurt, this delicious dish becomes even more delicious.
Now let's talk a little bit about the preparation process. It's important not to overcook cauliflower, half cooked is perfect. Otherwise, you would have a unshapeable mixture.
You can smash the cauliflowers with a fork as I did or you can pulse in a food processor.
If you are not following a gluten-free diet, instead of cornmeal you can use breadcrumbs.
Enjoy the recipe...
For Cauliflower Mixture;
- 1 small head of cauliflower,
- 4 tablespoons corn flour,
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste,
- Black pepper,
- 250 g of ground meat,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts,
- 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- A handful of parsley,
- Black pepper.
- Steam cook the cauliflower until half cooked,
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a separate pan,
- Add the ground meat and cook until it changes colour,
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add walnuts, parsley, salt and pepper and mix and remove from heat,
- Crush the cauliflower with a fork,
- Add tomato paste, corn flour, salt, pepper and cumin and knead,
- Place half of the mixture to the bottom of a greased 20 * 26 cm oven dish,
- Sprinkle with ground mortar,
- Place the remaining cauliflower mixture over,
- Bake in a 190 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden.