Cauliflower Stew With Rice Recipe
Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables. Especially cauliflower fries, cauliflower salad with yogurt, cauliflower kofte and aloo gobi are among the recipes that I have special feelings. Cauliflower stew with rice is also included in this group. Like many rice dishes, it is an amazing dinner especially with yogurt. It is quite fulling because of the rice.
I am sure there are those who have started to like cauliflower with one of my cauliflower recipes. Cauliflower stew is the next step. It tastes really cauliflowery but it is really delicious. Especially with the effect of the rice, it becomes a meal that everyone can love.
I chose the spices I use in the dish according to my own taste. Spice is a very personal choice. If you don't like rosemary for example, you don't have to use it because I used it. you don't have to replace it with anything. No spice is a substitute for another. When you change the spice, you just get a different flavor.
While talking about cauliflower, I would like to clarify a question that I have received for the first time about cauliflower in the past days but I think that nobody has a clear view even if no one speaks.
Which part of the cauliflower we use?
This is a matter of choice, like spice. I use the florets and the small branches connect them to the trunk, but I don't use the trunk. I have no logical explanation for it, my hand automatically shred cauliflower in this way.
Enjoy the recipe...
- A small cauliflower of 600-700 grams,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1/2 cup rice,
- 3-4 cups of water,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary,
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint,
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric,
- Salt and pepper.
- Heat oil oil in a large skillet, add chopped onions and stir fry until tender,
- Add the tomato paste and stir fry until smells good,
- Break the cauliflower into florets and add the florets to the skillet, mix well,
- Add 3 cups of water, cover the lid and cook until half tender,
- Add rice, rosemary, dried mint, turmeric, salt and pepper according to your taste and add a little more boiling water if necessary, mix and cook until tender.